Save the date: On Saturday 17 September, passengers with a Südtirol Pass or similar subscription can use public transport free of charge throughout the entire Euregio territory.
On Saturday 17 September 2022, public transport is once again free of charge for subscription ticket holders in all of Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino. In recent years, the initiative encouraged countless families and solo passengers to leave their car at home and explore their own and the neighbouring regions in a sustainable way.
So who gets to travel for free?
Next Saturday, all public-transport travel is free of charge throughout the Euregio sector for passengers with a Südtirol Pass, Euregio Family Pass, Südtirol Pass free, Südtirol Pass abo+ or Südtirol Pass 65+, as well as for anyone with a similar subscription-based ticket issued in Trentino or Tyrol (A).
On all trips within the südtirolmobil network, remember to check in with your Südtirol Pass or other subscription – you will not be charged for your journeys. In Tyrol and Trentino, it’s enough to simply show your pass at the ticket inspector's request.
Which means of transport can be used?
In South Tyrol, all means of transport of the südtirolmobil network are included:
- regional and regional express trains (R/RV)
- local and regional buses
- some cable-cars
- and PostAuto bus services (811) between Malles/Mals and Müstair in Switzerland.
- 444 (shuttle bus) Dobbiaco/Toblach – Three Peaks/Auronzo,
- 282 Tanas – Lasa/Laas
- and all Nightliner routes incl. their shuttle services.
Tyrol: all buses and trains of the VVT (Verkehrsverbund Tirol) and IVB (Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe) networks
- all local services in Trento, Rovereto, Riva del Garda, Arco, Nago-Torbole, Pergine and Lavis,
- extra-urban bus services run by Trentino Trasporti,
- trains travelling between Trento and Malé as well as
- between Trento and Primolano (Valsugana),
- regional trains between Mezzocorona and Borghetto and
- cable-car services between Trento and Sardagna.
Please note that free travel is limited to passengers: Any additional services including the transport of pets or bicycles will be charged at the standard rate.
Please also note that free travel is not available on long-distance or high-speed trains (EC, IC, Freccia, Italo, Railjet etc.).
On 17 September, passengers with a Südtirol Pass or other subscription tickets can visit the following museums free of charge:
- Südtiroler Archäologiemuseum
- Naturmuseum Südtirol
- Museum Eccel Kreuzer (nur Sonderausstellung)
- TIROL PANORAMA mit Kaiserjägermuseum
- MUSE – Museum für Wissenschaft
- Schloss Buonconsiglio
- Schloss Beseno
- Schloss Thun
- Schloss di Stenico
- Schloss Caldes
Please note: registration is required for some museums and for visits to Euregio offices.