Hop on in – for another round of free and fun ways to explore the region by bus and train and visit the Euregio Festival in Ala, Trentino!
Save the date: On Saturday 13 May 2023, passengers with a Südtirol Pass or similar subscription-based ticket can use public transport free of charge throughout all of Tyrol, South Tyrol and Trentino.
On all trips within the südtirolmobil network, remember to check in with your Südtirol Pass or other subscription ticket – you will not be charged for your journeys, and those journeys will not count towards your Südtirol Pass mileage. In Tyrol and Trentino, it’s enough to simply show your pass upon boarding or at the ticket inspector’s request.
The Euregio Festival in Ala
The Euregio Mobility Day on 13 May 2023 is also a great occasion for a green, sustainable trip to the Euregio Festival in the picturesque town of Ala in Trentino. Steeped in tradition and famous for its baroque palazzi or historic mansions, Ala is also known as the “City of Silk” from the heydays of silk production and trade.
The Euregio Festival is an event not to be missed, complete with a colourful programme of activities for all ages, mouth-watering culinary specialities and tasting sessions, children’s entertainment and much, much more.
Which means of transport can be used?
In South Tyrol, all means of transport of the südtirolmobil network are included:
- regional and regional express trains (R/RV),
- local and regional buses,
- all südtirolmobil cable-car services plus
- PostAuto bus services (811) between Malles/Mals and Müstair in Switzerland.
- 282 Tanas – Lasa/Laas,
- Nightliner routes and
- Nightliner shuttle services.
Tyrol (Austria) all buses and trains of the VVT (Verkehrsverbund Tirol) and IVB (Innsbrucker Verkehrsbetriebe) networks.
- all local services in Trento, Rovereto, Riva del Garda, Arco, Nago-Torbole, Pergine and Lavis,
- extra-urban bus services run by Trentino Trasporti,
- trains travelling between Trento and Malè as well as
- between Trento and Primolano (Valsugana)
- regional trains between Mezzocorona and Borghetto and
- cable car services between Trento and Sardagna.
Please note that free travel is limited to passengers: Any additional services including the transport of pets or bicycles will be charged at the standard rate.
Please also note that free travel is not available on long-distance or high-speed trains (EC, IC, Freccia, Italo, Railjet etc.).