The switch to the new südtirolmobil ticketing system is already in full swing.
During this transition, different conditions of use apply to different tickets. For Südtirol Pass holders, nothing changes – except for top-ups on buses during a short period of time.
Top tip: Mobile tickets are always a great solution! If you buy your tickets and check in online using the südtirolmobil app, you no longer need ticket machines or validation devices – you’ll already have a valid ticket in your pocket.
You can use any contactless ticket:
- Südtirol Pass, Euregio Family Pass, Südtirol Pass abo+, Südtirol Pass 65+: (Almost) nothing changes. There’s only one exception: Until autumn 2023, it will not be possible to top up your Südtirol Pass or Euregio Family Pass on buses in South Tyrol. Top-ups are available online and at any südtirolmobil ticket office, but the easiest way to pay for your journeys is on a “post-paid” basis using SEPA direct debit.
- Mobilcards: Contactless Mobilcards can be checked in as before.
- Pre-paid cards: Pre-paid cards are no longer available since 1 August 2023. Old cards with unused credit can be returned at some südtirolmobil sales points within one year since they were last used. Any remaining credit will be refunded.
- Single tickets:
- regional buses: Single tickets are available on board;
- urban buses: Buy your ticket from a südtirolmobil ticket office.
- Group tickets: not available until further notice.
- Guest Pass: Simply show your ticket at the ticket inspector’s request.
- Mobilcards with a magnetic stripe: Simply show your ticket at the ticket inspector’s request.
- Day passes for urban buses in Bolzano/Bozen and Merano/Meran: only available through the südtirolmobil app. Day passes cannot be bought on board or from südtirolmobil ticket offices.
- Euregio 2 Plus: available through the südtirolmobil app and in südtirolmobil ticket offices. Euregio 2 Plus passes cannot be bought on board.
If you’ve been charged the wrong amount, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us: +39 0471 220 880. Any incorrect charges will be refunded.
Brand-new südtirolmobil ticket machines are currently being installed at all 55 train station across South Tyrol. They are expected to become operational in mid-October – until then, we recommend buying your ticket and checking in online using the südtirolmobil app.
Passengers travelling from a station without a functioning ticket machine: Please contact your train conductor and purchase a ticket immediately after boarding.